This is the first of a series on alkaline water filters.
I believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed because there is a lot of misinformation out there on this subject. Many companies sell water filters which they say that lower the ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) of the water to create Anti-Oxidants and increase the Alkalinity. That is allegedly good for your health. Sadly, most of those claims are totally bogus.
One of the worst offenders says that their filter does this:
Help assimilate vitamins and minerals from food and other supplements.
– Cleanse the intestine, liver and kidneys.
– Help to protect you from free radicals.
– Improve joint and muscle mobility.
– Raise the body’s oxygen level.
– Assist with digestive problems.
– Regulate blood/sugar levels.
– Assist in maintaining correct blood pressure.
– Neutralize acids in the body that can lead to illness.
– Help against heart disease and arthritis.
Thus, this blog will address these claims by many filter sellers who make claims that have little basis in fact and the charlatans who sell there products. I am sorry if I step on anyone’s toes, but like the Bible says, “The Truth Will Set You Free.”
Watch for the next installment tomorrow. Free at last, free at last, free at last!